Well, Monday's over. The work week is well underway. And I know a lot of people here in the States are excited because it's a 3-day weekend coming up. And not only that, but for many, it's coming up to Nerd Mardi Gras. Yes, it's Dragon*Con this weekend. And while I'll be OTP during the festivities, I know a lot of people who'll be headed downtown. So I know they want the week to go by quickly. Let's help with some gaming podcasts.
This week on the dial we've got: Game Classy Episode 170: Forgeworld poops the bed; Blue Peg, Pink Peg Episode 129: Tile Laying Suite; Anonymous Tabletop Episode 26: Under The Gunn; Rolling Dice & Taking Names Episode 151: Villainous, Keyforge and Age of Sigmar Champions Discussion; Dungeon Masters Ludus Episode 06: Game Master Meta, Cheating and Thinking on Your Feet; and Epic Gaming Night Podcast Episode 168: This game is Dead Last! With Matthew Jude.
New talk on forgeworld throwing a poop grenade, Nightvault, and an in depth discussion on Willy Wonla
During this weeks episode:
1) The Pegs have an announcement and discuss their recent gameplays including Orbis, War Chest, Ice Cool 2, and more;
2) All the Pegs review a suite of tile laying games including Gunkimono, Spring Meadow, and Expancity; and
3) Revisit Ex Libris.
Welcome to Anonymous Tabletop Episode 26.
In this episode Lathan decides to try out for a role in a Disney commercial, Joe finally remotes in and rejoins us from his “haunted” house in Charlotte, and Katie calls out our listeners looking for some Facebook love when we find out how many of you there actually are out there.
Then we pull up a chair and get a bit more serious when we discuss the perils of fame and social media, find out that the internet truly IS forever, and one of the crew says some things they come to regret and beg me to actually do some editing for this one.
Afterwards, we talk about the upcoming crop of movies sequels to find out which ones make the grade, Tim insults another actor when he badly channels Keanu Reeves, and we really get the impression that Katie doesn’t like Tom Cruise.
And last but not least, Katie finally debuts Amazon Review Roulette, Celebrity Deathmatch gets downright anti-social when Facebook and Twitter square off, and each of us dig up our shameful pasts when we reach into the deep, dark, depths of Tim’s Sack.
One of the hot games coming out of Gen Con was Villainous by Wonder Forge. Demo table was always full, showed out all copies, which would make you think that this would be a hard game to get. Nope, you can pick it up at Target along with many other titles that Target is carrying exclusively. But wait, I say it should be easy to get, but all the stores around me have it sold out, not sure in your neck of the woods. If you are in the same situation, according to the Target website, the game can be shipped to your local store within four to seven days for free pickup. There you go, you can still get the game, just have to wait a bit. Don’t be expecting deep gameplay here, but this game might surprise you.
We also discuss the pros and cons of Keyforge and Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Champions and why one is beating out the other for us. We also bring the Flying Squirrel segment back to the show and discuss a topic that will need some input from the audience, what comics should we be reading right now?
Today Bender and Jamie talk about Game Master Meta. Where's the line between cheating, fudging and rebalancing? Then the guys talk about thinking on yout feet and evoling your story.
What we have been playing!
- (Matthew) Tabletop Sim (7 Wonders Duel)
- Tell us about your podcast This Game Is Broken!
- What is it like being part of a board game show that’s more about entertainment and Comedy than information?
- You guys have had some awesome live shows how was that?
- How did you start up with the dice Tower and Dead Last?
- So you’ve been recently hitting up the convention circuit how has your experience been traveling to different conventions in the US and UK?
- What do you think sets each convention apart?
- If you had to pick one convention as your favorite which would it be?
- At Dice tower con and we got you to play a miniatures game and then at Gen Con I talked to you about D&D for almost a hour! How is Epic Gaming Night corrupting your gaming tastes!? Lol
- Are there other gaming genres that you wish you knew more about?
- Your co-hosts do lots of live game plays on YouTube and twitch. What are your thoughts on streaming games?
- Do you think there are other avenues of ways to create a boardgame media that people aren’t currently doing?
- What is your all-time personal favorite tabletop game?