The folks over at Shades of Vengeance have a new RPG for you. It's called Era: Forbidden, and it puts players in the war over the afterlife, itself, as angels and demons are waging their war, with humans stuck in the middle (with you). This new RPG is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
At Shades of Vengeance, we make games because we love doing it.
Working with the long-standing team of Shades of Vengeance team of writers, artists and designers, we are proud to present an amazing new game.
There's a lot of information below, but here's a quick summary:
- Era: Forbidden is a Tabletop RPG that explores a unique world where Angels and Demons have appeared and torn Human civilisation asunder in their never-ending war. It is primarily inspired by Hellboy and Darksiders (the game series).
- The players take the role of Forbidden, Humans who have touched a "Remnant" from that war and grown to superhuman levels of strength, putting them on a par with the smaller Angels and Demons! They now fight to protect what remains of Humanity!
- Designed by veteran Ed Jowett and his wife Immaculate Jowett, the game is perfectly balanced for small groups. It plays best with two players, but works excellently for a single player and a GM! (It is also playable with larger groups, of course, if you choose...)
- It runs on the critically-acclaimed Era d10 Rule Set, a versatile, easy-to-learn system which has powered ten different games to date. It contains a number of unique rules to fit the setting and gameplay style, but follows the same paradigm as the other "Era Games".
- The game has been playtested and run for a wide range of groups (including at conventions) since January 2019. It's received great feedback, along with a few notes for things that needed tweaking!
- A Pocket Rulebook already exists for this game. We're trying to build on this (expanding it by 200 pages of content!) to deliver more information about this world for GMs and give more options to players.
The campaign is about 2/3 of the way to its goal with 24 days left to go.