The Fantasy Trip from Steve Jackson Games recently made a reappearance in the gaming world. It's not taken long for players to start coming up with extras for it. In this case, we've got a group of new adventures to toss at your players. The compilation is called Four Perilous Journeys and it's up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Cidri is a big world, with room for all sorts of different things. Even so, these new adventures all have something in common: You first have to survive the trip.
Ironskull Castle (Pulver). Visit Ironskull Castle, the headquarters of Lady Raelle Ironskull, mercenary warlord turned magical arms dealer, mistress of Eldritch Arms. Potential adventure seeds:
- Intervene in factional negotiations for weapons and magical devices
- Mission-Impossible-style invasion and theft of exotic magic items
- Is Lady Ironskull really planning to march forth with an undead army at her back? Stop her (or join her!)
An entire castle filled with nasty surprises, strange magic items, and detailed NPCs. Trouble never stops coming out of Ironskull Castle, and Lady Raelle can also be used as a long-term “Evil Overlord” that can spawn multiple follow-ups. By the way: She’s read the Evil Overlord manual.
Crown of Eternity (Rice/Tremlett). The party is tasked with finding a lost researcher for an exclusive league of magical explorers. The lost eldritch archaeologist was in search of the fabled Crown of Eternity. This is a quest adventure, with the following goals:
- Bring back the explorer . . . dead, alive, maybe a bit of both
- Cross a vast ocean, a treacherous desert, and a poisoned sea, beset from ahead and behind by competing factions and dire threats
- The party must succeed where a rival daredevil failed: find the Crown of Eternity, snatching it from his grasp if necessary
This is a patronage quest, and introduces the Indhyna League, a mysterious and well-funded group of treasure-seeking mages and scholars. They very much have their own agenda.
Citadel of Ice (Pulver). The dungeon is a frozen labyrinth inside an iceberg that broke loose from the coast and is drifting in the ocean. The adventure features:
- A collection of ice-themed monsters
- A secret power lying hidden beneath the ice
- Competing factions striving for control of the iceberg
The team of adventurers must journey to the floating tomb before it melts, taking the treasure with it . . .
Curse of the Pirate King (Rice/Tremlett). The expedition seems simple: travel to the former capitol of a vast pirate nation, and find the fabled Blade of Dawn. This “straight-forward” mission is complicated by several factors:
- A long-ago betrayal brought a centuries-long curse upon the realm of the Pirate King and his island fortress.
- The island is far from uninhabited . . . though few walking its lands are properly described as living
- The players must discover how death has found a way to bring strange “life” to the isle of the pirate king
All the party has to do is go to the lifeless rock, and loot the treasure of a thousand dead buccaneers. What could go wrong? This quest follows the events of Crown of Eternity . . . with that powerful organization now working against the players.
The campaign's around 2/3 of the way to its goal with 29 days left to go.