<whoop! whoop! whoop!>
Ok ,so the Henshin Sentai-themed RPG doesn't specifically have bunches of giant robots in it, since not all Sentai shows do, but let's face it, it's basically a given. Anyway, if you're looking for some super-Sentai action and want to play around in a diceless RPG, Henshin might just be for you. The game has been out for a while as a .pdf, but they're looking to print it and expand on it with this Kickstarter campaign.
From the campaign:
We’re Cave of Monsters Games and welcome to our Kickstarter for Henshin!: A Sentai RPG.
We have lots of information below about the game such as how it works, what you’ll get, and our story, but if you are looking for only a short summary, here we go:
- Henshin! is a diceless, story-forward tabletop role-playing game that is our love letter to all things Super Sentai.
- Super Sentai is a series of TV shows in Japan that feature brightly colored teams of heroes that have also been adapted in America as shows such as Power Rangers.
- Henshin! has been available for two years as a digital PDF, alongside modules & additional playbooks consistently released since Dec 2017. Since then the game sold over 2,600 units across 30 countries. We’ve also engaged with the Super Sentai & Power Rangers communities, and debuted an exclusive version of the game at Power Morphicon 2018.
- Henshin! is intended to be accessible to all types of game players. We've heard from players, that they enjoy that the game allows for diverse representation of heroes (heroes of color, LGBTQ+ heroes, disabled heroes) not always seen in the sentai genre, which we are immensely proud of.
- Our goal with this campaign is to collect all our published content, including new modules, to expand on resources fans have asked for, and to publish everything as a 120+ page paperback book and ebook available for order on demand through DriveThruRPG. We’re aiming for $5,000 to complete this comprehensive book.
The game's more than 2x funded with 23 days left to go.