Who wouldn't want to travel in time? To see the distant past. To know the future. It'd be great. And while we can't hop in our Deloreon or Telephone Booth and do it now in reality, you can do it vicariously through Paradoxes & Possibilities, a time travel RPG Zine that's up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
The Inventor wildly pressed buttons. Either they knew what they were doing, or...
Vibrations rippled through the time machine. The Coward curled up in a ball. The Educator watched the dials with concern. The Friend grabbed the Teenager’s arm, but the Teenager himself let out an excited whoop!
With a violent thud the world outside the craft burst into a plethora of color.
Spirals of light and dark sliced apart. Stars and planets blurred into nothingness. What could and couldn’t be wind brushed their cheeks as the time machine bounced against the time waves. The engine pulsed, catching their heartbeats in its rhythm, as they all began the journey of a lifetime.
Paradoxes & Possibilities is a complete, standalone RPG that will take you and your friends into the farthest reaches of time!
A love letter to classic time travel series and films, Paradoxes & Possibilities brings the same joyful adventure and exploration to your gaming table.
Paradoxes & Possibilities features everything you need to play right out of the box (except for your trusty dice and friends).
- You can play as six time traveler classes as you build their history, their relationships, and their home.
- Explore the fourth dimension in a time machine your party builds themselves, unique to you and your friends.
- Fleshed out mechanics for exploring time which go beyond a mere roll to travel, involving the whole party in the process.
- Weapon systems that make you feel the difference between using a shotgun or pistol, a sword or your fists.
- Two adventures by Sophie Iles and James Bojaciuk. The first, “The Buzzard’s Treasure,” takes players into a pitched battle between pirates and privateers, racing to be the first to crack Olivier Levasseur’s cryptogram and find his gold. The second, a futuristic bank heist, throws players into a heart-racing caper through a vault whose timeline is falling apart around them.
- Featuring extensive illustration by Sophie Iles.
The campaign's just up and over its funding goal with 13 days left to go.