You're a member of an elite covert-ops team. You've got the best gear and training. Your missions include deep-cover operations in hostile territory. You're a member of Wraith Recon. And while most games with those sorts of descriptions take place in the present or near-future, this one takes place in a fantasy world. Wraith Recon is getting a new edition and the book is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
You play as legendary Wraith Recon teams, dedicated special forces trained and equipped to operate deep within hostile territory. Entrusted with the most dire missions, the Wraiths are capable of overcoming almost any obstacle. Armed with the latest in Dardarrick Magicks, and kept informed by the mysterious SpellCom system, Wraith Recon units are tasked with assassinations, raids, reconnaissance, and hostage rescue missions, in the name of truth, liberty, and justice.
As a member of Wraith Recon Four - a team of special covert operatives in a world beset by magic, wars, and mystery - you will soon be called to serve king and country. You will be sent to the four corners of Nuera to make Dandarrick safe for its people; risking your life under a blanket of secrecy to keep a population free and blissful in a world that does its damnedest to rob them of it at every turn.
We have also made several changes to the original Wraith Recon, whilst keeping the foundations intact. We have been in contact with our small but growing Wraith Recon community and together we have come up with some exciting new additions.
- Nuera Expanded – A bigger and more detailed game world, bringing all new areas to explore to the continent of Rardarri including a vast forest region and the arid deserts of the south.
- Improved and Updated Maps - An all-new expanded world map in much greater detail as well covering various new areas. We will also be providing a host of maps for major cities.
- Deeper Background Material – A detailed game world and rich setting history, complete with ancient artifacts, old magic, and strange cults.
- New and Expanded Character Options – New playable races, from throughout the length and breadth of Nuera – from the strange Lizardfolk, to the enigmatic Wild Elves, and a myriad of different Human cultures, all with in-depth backgrounds and customization options.
- Dead Magic Zones – Nuera has changed. The endless wars have resulted in the creation of DMZs or Dead Magic Zones, where magic does not work and only horror fills the land. Can your Wraiths survive, stripped of their most powerful abilities and forced to rely on their training and wits alone?
- The MageNet – Just as the world has become more dangerous and hostile, so has SpellCom expanded to combat those threats. The Wraiths now have access to MageNet, a dedicated information system which just might save your life.
- New and Growing Threats - The Dark Elves and their Gnoll Dog Soldiers are more prepared and dangerous than ever before, Darklings (evil Halflings), Ratlings, and their own special forces units present perils which even the most experienced players won’t be ready for. War evolves and your enemy evolves with it.
- Equipped for Battle – Weapons, armour, magic, and treasures which reflect the unique world which gave birth to them. Fit your characters out like Wraiths, with unique gear and powerful spells.
- Explore the world as non-Wraiths - For the first time the world of Nuera is opening up with characters from outside the Wraith Recon units now an option for players. See the continent of Rardarri from a whole new perspective.
- Version Specific Changes – A game system built new each time. Every version comes with new rules, races, gear, and features. Whether they are new Edges and Hindrances, new Feats or Fighting Styles, Wraith Recon has something for everyone.
The campaign is up and running now. It's set to go for another 29 days.