A new edition of the Fading Suns RPG is up on Kickstarter now. They've got a Universe Book, Character Book, and Gamemaster Book as their core books available. Adding to that, there's a Faction Book, GM screen, Tokens, and more that you can pick up so you've got everything you need to get playing and then some.
From the campaign:
The three Core Books for Fading Suns are the Universe Book, Character Book, and Gamemaster Book.
These three hardcover books contain everything your group needs to start playing Fading Suns:
- The Universe Book (112 pages) presents the setting for Fading Suns: its history, society, and astro-geography. Herein you will encounter nobles, priests, guilders, aliens, psychics, cyborgs, and more.
- The Character Book (272 pages) presents the game system and player characters for Fading Suns. This book includes character creation rules for all the major factions, as well as technological equipment, starships, psychic powers, and theurgic rites.
- The Gamemaster Book (96 pages) presents people, places, and plots for Fading Suns. Herein are guidelines for creating dramas for the player troupe and how to populate them with all manner of non-player-character allies, rivals, and foils. An example drama is included, as well as a roll-by-roll description of play.
In addition, we have a variety of books and accessories to help you fill in whatever you need at your table:
- The Faction Book (96 page hardcover) presents the minor houses (from Eldrid to Xanthippe), minor sects (from Chorali to Preceptors), and minor guilds (Apothecaries to Wranglers) of the Fading Suns universe. Herein also are the pagans (Zuranists and Gjartins), the sentient alien species of the Known Worlds (from ascorbites to shantor), and the Changed, the genetically altered mutants scorned by the superstitious populace for their wondrous endowments.
- Intrigues & Escapades (112 page hardcover) unveils the conspiracy customs among nobles, priests, and merchants, showing how some are raised from birth to scheme while others learn from hard knocks. Presented are two detailed dramas involving troupes in such dirty dealings, along with a host of drama hooks that gamemasters can develop with their own twists.
- The GM Screen & Token Set includes the most useful rules and charts: sequence of play, VP costs, Resistance ratings, environmental conditions, weapon traits, and more. Also included are punch sheets with a plethora of victory-point and wyrd-point tokens, making it easy to gain and spend these action resources during play.
The campaign's around 6x funded but only has 7 days left to go.