It's been a little while since we've heard from our friends over at One Page Rules, but that doesn't mean that they've not been busy. They've been working away at new rulebooks for both Grimdark Future and Age of Fantasy. That work has paid off and they're ready to release both books for you now over on their website.
From the website:
Today we are very excited to make the new look of our games public!
This is something that we’ve been planning and working on for a very long time, and it’s amazing that we can finally show you all of these awesome new things.
Over the past couple months we have been working with Brandon Gillam on completely overhauling the look of our games with his awesome style.
Check out his artwork and other projects here: https://www.runehammer.online/
Like we mentioned we have been putting a ton of work into the Full Rulebooks, updating everything from the cover art to their overall design as well as adding a ton of new rules sections for you to enhance your games.
The first thing you will probably notice is the awesome new cover art, showing off a Battle Brother in the midst of a bloody planetary battle and a Humand and an Elf fighting bloody last stand against a swarm of Saurians.
On the inside of the books you are going to now find a ton of awesome illustrations that take you further into the world of our games, as well as a much more polished look with thematic fonts, background textures and border illustrations.
Additionally we have been working really hard at re-writing the books so that they are more understandable, separating things into clearly defined chapters, improved our example diagrams and overall polished everything we could.
After we overhauled the whole look of our rulebooks we thought that that was not enough value for our players, and so we went ahead and we added a TON of new advanced rules sections. These extra sections are written in a modular way, so that you can mix and match them as you want in order to get exactly the type of experience you are looking for from our games.
Here a full list of all the new advanced rules sections we added:
- Fog of War – Rules that add an element of uncertainty to your games by affecting how units are deployed and activated, as well as the overall game length.
- Command & Control – Rules that add a new layer of strategy as each player has to use his commanders to activate units in the chaos of battle.
- Suppression / Fatigue – Rules that add realism and grit to the game as units suffer suppression and fatigue through extended combat which affects how they behave.
- Advanced Damage – Rules that make the game even faster and deadlier by adding unit attrition from morale loss as well as critical hits on vehicles and monsters.
- Advanced Actions – Rules for 5 new actions that units can use when activated: Hunker Down, Defensive Stance, Aimed Fire, Heavy Charge, Overwatch.
- Small-Scale Games – Rules to play the games with smaller scale models (6mm/10mm/15mm) or with movement trays and diorama bases.
We hope that all of this new stuff is as exciting for you as it is for us, and that it will help you make your evenings and weekends playing miniature wargames even more fun. :)